If we haven’t officially met, my name is Mark Lovett, and I know Web Design and SEO. Today, I’m going to show you how to make a WordPress website rank #1 in Google. I’ve been creating websites that rank on the 1st page of google for clients and my own businesses for a long time. I’ve also been helping entrepreneurs learn how to use their WordPress websites, and other tools, to grow their businesses online.
If you do a quick google search for web designer or WordPress web designer, you’ll see that I dominate the search results in my area, and I’m going to take you step by step and show you how I do it!
This YouTube Livestream Event was held on 7/1/18. Scroll down to watch the event video.
First, let’s take a look at a couple of my recent reviews on Google:
“I’ve been working with Mark on a web project for a mutual client since April 2018. A new site had been designed, but had suffered an organic page ranking blow after re-launching. Mark was brought in to get the SEO rolling again. He has been very responsive and a pleasure to work with. The SEO implementations that he has put into place are working very well and our client has been very happy with the results!”
“Mark’s work is exceptional on every level. He was quick to respond, thorough in answering all of my questions, and he created exactly what I was hoping for. My website is fast, clean, organized, and professional looking. Working with him has been a wonderful experience, highly recommend!”
So Let’s Get Started! This is how I do it.
How To Make A WordPress Website Rank #1 in Google
1. Purchase a domain Purchase a domain for your business using your key words such as marklovettdesign.com has the keyword ‘design’ in it, and seogld.com has the keyword ‘seo’ . The shorter the better.
2. Build a self-hosted website
Self-hosted means you’re using a domain like mydomain.com not a domain like mydomain.blogspot.com which has very poor SEO.
3. Build your site using the WordPress platform Use WordPress rather than wix etc…
4. Keep It Simple – logo, branding, site architecture, clear message, easy to understand and navigate
5. Hosting – Use A good quality website host for your site like Siteground.com.
6. Mobile Friendly & Responsive – Make sure your site is mobile friendly and responsive. 50% of users will be using a smart phone and it’s rising rapidly. Responsive means the site looks great on various screen sizes.
7. Use a great Premium Theme – Don’t reinvent the wheel. Save money by using a top quality theme, such as Avada (300k + sales), and choose one of their templates that looks close to the design that you desire. Using a popular theme means it will work well, the authors will keep it up-to-date, and will it be well supported.
8. Create Pages for your main services or products and link them in the main menu.
9. Write compelling content in pages with Calls-To-Action using your business keywords in titles and headings. How do you write compelling content? Start by writing posts that would be interesting and helpful to your customers and potential customers.
10. Create a blog on your site – write compelling articles about subjects closely related to your services or products using your business keywords in titles and headings.
11. Add Images in your content – optimize images so they load quickly, and use your keywords in the title and alt tags
12. Use Easy To Read Styling – Use text font sizes that are fairly large 16-20px so easy to read with line height at least 1.5, and make headings, like H1 and H2, considerably larger than than the text so they stand out
13. Install & Configure Yoast SEO Plugin
14. Create meta titles and meta descriptions for each page and post, and enter them in the Yoast plugin. This is what the search engine will see and display.
15. Links – Add links in your content that link externally to authority sites like wiki. Add links in your content that link internally to other content within your site.
Is the information that I’ve given you so far helpful? Please write ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ in the comments below right now.
16. Screen Size Styling – View Site on Different Screen sizes and adjust the styling and formatting so it displays well on all of them.
17. Create an xml site map and submit to search engines so they can index your site. Yoast plugin has the site map built-in. The sitemap tells google what content to index.
18. Add website to Google Search Console – Google Search Console is a no-charge web service by Google for webmasters. It allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites.
19. Set up account in Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
20. Google My Business– add your business listing to google my business for google maps visibility.
21. Google Reviews – Ask Customers to write reviews on Google
22. Citations/Local Listings – Consistent NAP – A local citation is any online mention of the name, address, and phone number for a local business. Citations can occur on local platforms business directories, on websites and apps, and on social Citations help Internet users to discover local businesses and can also impact local search engine rankings.
23. Maintain Website – monthly updates must be made to site theme and plugins, and regular backups
24. Video – Embed a Few Youtube Videos in Your Site Content
25. Email Sign-Up Form – create an email signup form that will build an email list in Mailchimp, then create and send out branded emails to list.
26. Social Media – Create any social media accounts that work well for your business, twitter, facebook, linked-in, you tube accounts, post teaser content in social media to get user to go to your website
27. Create an Online Community – Create an online community using social media around your business.
If this has helped you please LIKE it on facebook and youtube.
Also comments below will be much appreciated, and any questions will be answered.